Took a bit of a writing hiatus from January to February, after hanging out with the likes of Jah Bouks in Jamaica, over the Christmas period.
In March, popular entertainer Vybz Kartel was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of an associate. This divided global opinion; I weighed in on the matter via online magazine Bashment Vibes.
April – May
- I spoke with Beverley Walters, founder of local business B’s Balloons about the meaning of entrepreneurship and the substance of aspirations (P.13).
- Equally, Soloman Smith of community outreach project Brixton Soup Kitchen opened up about their inspiring cause (P.13).
- With a riveting ‘Treasure Isle meets Studio One’ theme, the highly anticipated Easter Reggae Showcase took place at the O2 Academy in Brixton. I popped along to review it (P.7).
- I spoke with social media/internet sensation and comedienne Wally British (P.6)
- I had a chat with young, talented reggae star Randy Valentine about his music and plans for his home country.
- This has been a fabulous year for Aysha Loren, who has grown from strength to strength within the UK music scene. It was only right to speak to the new Lover’s Rock Princess (P.7)
- After some key changes at Vision Newspaper, it was announced that I would be the publication’s Interim Editor-In-Chief.
- During my extended trip to the tropical Isle of Jamaica, I spoke with talented ladies Dolli Difference and Etana (P.6)
- …As well as one of the country’s leading crooners Omi, who had just announced a new record deal with Sony affiliate label, Ultra Music.
- I caught up with iconic Jamaican actor Paul Campbell during his visit to Jamaica, where he was promoting his latest film ‘Jamaican Mafia’.
- Bradfordian starlet Melissa Steel dominated the UK airwaves and charts with ‘Kisses For Breakfast’ – we had a candid and girly chat.
- He is the son of the great Barrington Levy, a part of the Atlantic Records UK crew and a force to be reckoned with. Krishane was a pleasure to interview.
- I edited the autumn quarter issue of Vision Newspaper, featuring Etana on the cover and an insight into the current situation of Female Dancehall artists.
- After two years of contributing and approximately six months of editing, I parted ways with Vision Newspaper.
- I attended and reviewed the roadblock Sanchez concert which took place on 23rd Nov.
- This blog was born 🙂
- I interviewed a number of talented people including swiss-born artist Cali P. Watch this space to read about the exciting projects that he and others have in the pipeline!
- Some interesting blog posts were published on here, attracting readers from all over the world!
It has been a whirlwind of a year! Here’s to an even more productive and happy 2015.